Before considering an application
Before you start, please read about the Essential Qualifications and see if you meet them.
Submitting an application
Application for the program starting in October 2019 is open from 15 January until 15 March 2019 (midnight German time).
Application is online only; start with registration at the following site:
Important hints regarding the use of the application platform:
1. You have to register and create an account first. Under "I want to register for", please select "Master Study Program FOKUS Life Sciences". Once you finished registration you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a log-in link that is valid for 24 hrs. After log-in you have to set a password.
2. After setting the password, you can directly proceed to editing your application (right hand menue "Add application for.."). Otherwise you can log out and return as often as you wish until 10 March to assemble and modify your application in as many steps as you like or need. Use the "Save" button frequently to secure your current progress when you compile the application, but only use the "Save and Submit" button when you are completely finished. Once you have hit the "Save and Submit" button, no further change is possible!
3. In general, please read the help text that is provided with almost every field you have to fill in. Reading the help text will answer most of the questions that might come up.
4. You will have to upload scans/fotos (only .pdf files allowed) of the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae
- University entrance certificate (in many cases this equals the school leaving certificate from you secondary school = high school = grammar school)
- Bachelor certificate and transcript as separate documents
- If applicable, certicates/transcipts of any other academic degress
- Language certificate (if available)
5. In case of questions regarding the application platform, which cannot be answered by reading the help text, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 10, midnight: No more applications accepted
- April: If you pass the document screen, you will be invited to participate in a written exam, which will be conducted online in the period from April to the middle of May. For this online exam a computer, stable internet and a webcam are needed. If you average 2,0 or better in this exam (on a scale from 1-4), you will be invited for interview
- June: Interview either in Würzburg or by video-interview
- July: Admission
- October: Enrollment and start of program; Please note: If you are selected for the study program, you will have to show the original documents for final admission and enrollment.
Cost of application
We do not charge fees for the application process.